For the month of July 2014, Melody Fusion will host the contest: "Post the Best Master Class".
What is a Master Class you ask? It can be an article or a video where you or someone else shows and explains how to Master a certain music related topic or subject. There are no limits to what topics or subjects can be posted in a Master Class, as long as it is music related and helps your fellow musicians. For example, we already have had a write up on "Five Lessons For Wedding Singers" to "How to Get Your First Gig", "How to Set Up A Home Studio", "Daily Guitar Practice", "Record Guitar Tracks To Your Computer", etcetera!
Think about what you love about music and how you can share that love. Do you write great reviews? Are you great at finding the next up-and-coming band? How do you come up with the next song? What equipment is better for what kind of recording? That nifty thing you do with your pedals... What have you learned about getting gigs? Some trick about recording your voice... your options are endless.
Here a few more Need-To-Know Points:
- You can post other people's articles and videos, but please make sure you have permission or copyrights and you provide correct credits (accreditation). Plagiarism is not only illegal, but can be hurtful and detrimental. (see Your Promises About Content* below)
- When you share other people's classes, be sure to let them know you submitted it to Melody Fusion. This is great networking and proper etiquette.
- Melody Fusion wants to provide quality content to all of the members and will screen the submitted classes with a fine tooth.
- If you have a great teacher, instructor or mentor, you may want to ask them if you can work together with them to create a master class.
- Melody Fusion reserves the right to decline your article.
- Melody Fusion reserves the right to edit your article before posting. This is to ensure quality content; we will not change the idea of your article, but will proof and edit some obvious errors.
There are some rules, of course there are :) You can read them in detail here.
If you already have an existing article or video, you are good to go. If you want to write an article, we recommend you write it in your favorite editor and save it on your computer beforehand (believe me, this is experience speaking).
How to enter a Master Class ARTICLE:
- If you have not already done so, join Melody Fusion and create a profile.
- Once you have a profile, click on the 'Master Classes' button in the top bar on the site
- At the top of the Master Classes page, click on 'Submit an Article'
- On the next page, click on 'Type' and select 'Master Class'. Then create your Headline and Synopsis (or: summary).
- Copy and paste your text into the 'Body' field.
- If you have links in your article, make sure to copy the full link, starting with http:// We will make sure that the link is active in the approved article.
- You can add tags. Please do not add duplicate or random tags.
- You will have to provide Author's name and email address. You will receive email notifications about the status of your Master Class; whether it has been approved or declined.
How to enter a Master Class VIDEO:
- within the 'Body' field write EMBED VIDEO HERE at the top and provide the full link (URL) to the video. We will embed the video into the Master Class post.
- If you submit a video, please provide at least one written paragraph with proper credits and a summary. You may write as much as you wish though.
There will NOT be a Leader Board. Instead, we will update you all via the newsletter which is scheduled to go out every Tuesday.
The prize will be announced very shortly.
The contest will close at Midnight GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) on July 31, 2014. The winner will be announced on or around August 1st.
*Your Promises About Content
When you or anyone using your account upload any Content onto the Website you warrant that:
- You either own the copyright to or have the right to use all of the Content. If the Content is music, this means that you have the right to use or own the copyright to both the composition and the particular recording of the composition.
- The Content does not and will not infringe the rights of anyone else.
- The Content does not contain material that defames or vilifies any person, people, races, religion or religious group and is not obscene, pornographic, indecent, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable.
- The Content does not include any malware.
- The Content is not misleading or deceptive and does not offer or disseminate fraudulent goods, services, schemes, or promotions.
We are looking forward to the wonderful things you will be sharing!
- The Melody Fusion Team